Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Confessions

Life always changes when you least expect it.. . . God always closes a door and opens a window, and in that moment it's impossible to see why. Why did this happen? Why are things so hard? Why does it feel like I'm in a boat with one paddle? But, I've come to this one conclusion: what's the point of asking all of these "whys" when whatever is to happen--will? We drown ourselves in "whys" instead of realizing that our path was made especially for us by the Universe.

Being the person I am, I rarely realized my own potential because I was to busy being envious of someone else's. What's that saying? "The grass is always greener on the other side"? But, there has never been an experience in history to shine truth to that statement. Instead, people wish they had watered their own grass instead of vying for the next door neighbors'--I mean, where's the joy in that? Where the joy in taking pride in someone else's work? But, I couldn't see that. I couldn't see any of it. I wanted so bad to live someone else's life; to BE someone else just so I could forget just how lack luster and unsuccessful my life (compared to how I imagined it would/could be) was.

But, through all the wishing, it only takes one tragedy to wake you up; to make you realize that your life--in all of it's ups and downs, failures and successes, disappointments and satisfactions--was picked just for you. Relish it. Live it. Love it. It's yours. . . and ONLY yours. So, with that said, instead of wishing and hoping for the filtered lives of others', I am going to start DOING! Doing everything I've ever dreamed of doing. I like my grass and I plan on watering and cultivating it until it turns into a beautiful garden. A garden I made as a reflection of myself--an original.


No comments:

Post a Comment