Friday, January 24, 2014

Fresh Artichokes with Whole Wheat Fettuccine in Crushed Tomato Cream Sauce

Hello, Dolls! Welcome back the world that is mine! As you may or may not know, I LOVE to cook! I've been cooking since the young and tender age of twelve! 
When I was younger, I was bullied a lot so I would stay in the house alone and I used to seek solace in food. It's quite a sad story, but that's why I have such a knack for cooking--of course I've made adjustments and make healthier choices!

 Today's post is going toward shining light on a new recipe that I've come up with and I'm excited to share it with the masses! I'm pretty sure it's been done before, but I'm posting it anyway because I want those that don't cook often or need to re-vamp some old dishes!

I hope you guys try it and enjoy!
*Side Note* - This is how I prep this dish, you can use any products that you and your family enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 Box of Organic Whole Wheat Fettuccine
1 Jar of Organic precut Artichokes
1 Jar of Organic Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
3 Fresh Bay Leaves
Fresh - Marjoram, Sage, Thyme, Savory, Rosemary, Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Sea Salt, and Crushed Black Pepper
2 cloves of fresh Garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons of Light Sour Cream
2 tablespoons of grape-seed or olive oil (for sautéing) 
1 medium sized onion
1 medium sized green bell pepper

Preparation:
Place a pot of water with salt and oil (whichever you prefer) over medium heat to begin the boiling process.
Heat your oil in a non-stick pan until it's hot enough to sizzle your onions, peppers, and fresh minced garlic--sauté until trio has begun to caramelize.
Then add about 1 cup of your pre prepped artichokes and 1 cup of your jarred crushed tomatoes to the pan and let simmer.
Add a pinch of salt and pepper; chop and add all of your fresh herbs (leave 1 Bay Leaf for garnishing) and let the flavors marry with one another.
 After about five minutes of letting your sauce simmer, add your 2 1/2 tablespoons of Light Sour Cream and stir sauce until everything is nicely emulsified. Let simmer.
*Note* - If sauce it on the thicker side, add some of the tomato juice from the jar to loosen it up a bit.
When the water comes to a boil add your pasta and let cook to your satisfaction (my family likes the pasta al dente).
Taste sauce and add extra herbs or salt as needed.
Rinse pasta, plate, and place sauce on top!
Garnish with the extra bay leaf and viola!
Fresh Artichoke with Whole Wheat Fettuccine in Crushed Tomato Cream Sauce

I hope you guys try it and let me know how you like it in the comment box below!!!
Thank you for visiting!

XoXo - Bazaar



No comments:

Post a Comment