Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Berry Banana Smoothie!

Hello my pretties! Welcome back to my blog, I hope you all are doing well! Today's blog post is about my Berry Banana Smoothie recipe! It's filling and of course low in fat--perfect for sticking to those New Year's resolutions! 
Enjoy!


You will need:

-1 Banana
-2 Cups of mixed berries (can be found in the frozen isle of your favorite grocery store)
*I used blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries*
-1/2 Cup of milk
*I used 2% milk, but Low fat, Skim, Almond, or Soy are great alternatives*
-Wheat Bran flakes (Whole Foods or Stop&Shop)
-2 medium sized mint leaves

Directions:

If your berries are frozen, blend first to break them up and soften. Then add your banana and milk to thicken up and blend the berries together. Lastly, add your bran flakes and one mint leaf. Blend for 60 seconds or until all of your ingredients are fully emulsified. Pour smoothie into desired cup and garnish with the left over mint leaf. This Berry Banana Smoothie is refreshing and filling enough to drink for breakfast or for a mid-afternoon snack!


Hope you guys try the recipe! 
I promise you won't be disappointed!

XoXo - Bazaar

No comments:

Post a Comment